//= Meta::tag('fb:pages', '792628237518727'); ?>
National Emergency Operation Centre (NEOC) has stated about 80 foreign nationals have been transferred from Villivaru Quarantine Facility to different facilities.
Speaking at the daily press briefing, Spokesperson of NEOC Mohamed Mabrook Azeez said the foreign nationals in Villivaru were transferred to quarantine facilities in Irufushi and Kuda Bandos. The spokesperson said the foreign nationals were initially transferred to Villivaru, due to difficulties for them in acquiring take-away and delivery services amid the lockdown. He said the individuals had been brought to Villivaru following an urgent decision to transfer them, adding they have now been transferred to different facilities.
30 foreign nationals have tested positive for COVID-19 since the detection of the disease in Male’ City on April 15. They include 24 Bangladeshi nationals and 6 Indian nationals.